Château de Versailles
First mentioned in a charter of the Abbey of Saint-Pére de
(1038), it passed through the hands of Seigneur de Soisy, then by
de Loménie, who was the Secretary of Finances during the reign
Charles IX, Albert de Gondi; then bought by Louis XIII from Jean-François
de Gondi, archbishop of Paris and Albert's heir. In 1661, Louis XIV
major construction, which continued through Loius XVI.